Privilege and Tenure (P&T)
- Takes cognizance of all matters affecting the privilege or tenure of officers of instruction of the division.
- The principles and procedures governing its conduct are set forth in Senate bylaws 334, 335, 336, and 337.
- Advises the chancellor or chancellor's designee, the Division Council and Senate members on general policies involving academic privileges and tenure.
- Maintains statistical records of grievance, disciplinary and early termination cases at the Merced division.
- At the conclusion of any grievance, disciplinary and early termination case, the committee will promptly report its findings of fact, conclusions, recommendations and record of the proceedings to the chancellor, the chair of Division Council, the chair of the divisional Committee on Privilege and Tenure, and the chair of the University Committee on Privilege and Tenure. The findings, conclusions, recommendations and record of the proceedings shall be confidential to the extent allowed by law and UC policy.
- Patricia LiWang, Chair, School of Natural Sciences, UCPT Representative
- TBD, Vice Chair
- Tom Joo, UC Davis
- Susan Amussen, Senate Chair, School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts
- Kurt Schnier, Senate Vice Chair, School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts