Committee on Academic Planning and Resource Allocation (CAPRA)
- Meets with the chancellor or chancellor’s designee at the beginning of each academic year for a briefing on all sources of revenue for the Merced campus, the allocation of revenue to units of the campus and budgetary planning for the succeeding academic year.
- Assesses budgetary proposals and requests, including requests for allocation of faculty positions (FTE) for succeeding academic years.
- Confers with and advises the chancellor or chancellor’s designee and divisional administrative agencies regarding policy on academic planning, budget and resource allocations.
- Reviews academic units and degree programs as they relate to academic planning, budget and resource allocation, and reports thereon to the chancellor or chancellor’s designee and/or to the Division Council and Division Assembly as appropriate.
- On matters relating to academic planning and budget, receives reports from, and maintains contact with, the Undergraduate Council and the Graduate Council.
- Reports regularly to the Division Council and the Division Assembly on matters under consideration.
- Receives reports from, and maintains liaison with, the University Committee on Planning and Budget.
- Mukesh Singhal, Chair, School of Engineering, UCPB Representative
- TBD, Vice Chair
- Kurt Schnier, Senate Vice Chair, School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts
- Michael E. Colvin, School of Natural Sciences
- Jessica Trounstine, School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts
- Susan Amussen, Senate Chair, School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts
- TBD, Graduate Student Representative
- TBD, Undergraduate Student Representative