Library and Scholarly Communications (LASC)
- Advises the chancellor or chancellor’s designee and the division regarding the administration of the university library, in accordance with the Standing Orders of the Regents.
- Makes recommendations to the division on matters concerning the role of the university library in the acquisition, storage and provision of scholarly materials, as well as other resources for scholarly communication. These matters include, but are not restricted to, the formulation of university library policies, the management of the university library budget, the apportionment of related funds and the allocation of associated space.
- Maintains liaison with the administration of the university library on behalf of the division.
- Prepares and submits to the division an annual report on the status of the university library, as well as related resources for scholarly communication.
- Karl Ryavec, Chair, School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts, UCOLASC representative
- Mike Colvin, CAPRA representative
- Yanbao Ma, UGC representative
- Michael Scheibner, COR representative
- Nancy Burke, GC representative
- Susan Amussen, Senate Chair, School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts
- Kurt Schnier, Senate Vice Chair, School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts
- Haipeng Li, University Librarian
- Ann Kovalchick, CIO and AVC of Information Technology
- Andre Frise, Undergraduate Student Representative
- Scott Nicolay, Graduate Student Representative