Committee on Research (COR)
- Makes recommendations to the division on the award of prizes to faculty members for research.
- Advises the Committee on Academic Planning and Resource Allocation, the division and the chancellor on planning, management and budgetary issues related to research.
- Formulates a Senate position on all matters pertaining to research in the division and acts for the division in oversight of the Office of Research and Economic Development; makes recommendations to the chancellor concerning applications by members of the division for research grants and for travel expenses to attend meetings of learned societies; advises the chancellor or chancellor's designee in matters relating to research policy; and determines policy pertaining to research funds allocated to the committee.
- Represents the division in all matters relating to the review of organized and centralized research units, core facilities, centers and institutes, including proposals for and reviews of such units.
- Acts for the division in all matters of research safety policy and administration, and advises the chancellor or chancellor’s designee and the division accordingly.
- David Noelle, Chair, School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts, UCORP Representative
- TBD, Vice Chair
- Stephen Nicholson, School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts
- Michael Scheibner, School of Natural Sciences
- Miguel Carreira-Perpinan, School of Engineering
- Ramen Saha, School of Natural Sciences
- Stephen Wooding, School of Social Sciences, Humanitites and Arts
- Anand Subramaniam, School of Engineering
- Sungjin Im, School of Engineering
- Ajay Gopinathan, School of Natural Sciences (fall semester)
- Samuel J. Traina, Vice Chancellor for Research and Economic Development
- Susan Amussen, Senate Chair, School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts
- Kurt Schnier, Senate Vice Chair, School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts